AutoGrid Systems Wins Cleantech Group’s Industrial Innovation Company of the Year Award
October 7, 2014
AutoGrid Systems, a leader in big data analytics and cloud computing solutions for the energy industry, has won the Cleantech Group’s inaugural Industrial Innovation Company of the Year Award for its groundbreaking work in using big data analytics to optimize the energy supply chain. AutoGrid was also named to the prestigious 2014 Global Cleantech 100 for the second consecutive year.
The new Industry Innovation Company of the Year award is given to the member of the Cleantech 100 who has best demonstrated technological progress experienced in such fields as machine learning, automation, robotics, the Internet-of-Things, and Machine-to-Machine communication. Sponsored by industry giant ABB, the award focuses on the integration of a complex network of physical and intelligent machinery via the cloud to enable real-time operational excellence. The Cleantech Group determined that AutoGrid’s Energy Data Platform, which aids utilities in automated grid management, was the strongest industry innovation in the Cleantech 100.
“The industrial sector of the U.S. economy will consume more energy than any other sector, including transportation, by 2018, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration,” said Girish Nadkarni, President of ABB Technology Ventures. “AutoGrid’s technology lets industrial customers use data to control power costs and conserve resources. It’s a novel approach that we believe could have a significant impact.”
The Global Cleantech 100 represents the most innovative and promising ideas in energy. Featuring companies that are best positioned to solve tomorrow’s technology challenges, Global Cleantech 100 is a comprehensive list of private companies with the highest potential to make the most significant market impact, selected by a global 84-person expert panel.
“Use of big data and predictive control is mandatory to address energy poverty, carbon pollution, renewables integration and other major issues facing the energy industry,” said Amit Narayan, CEO of AutoGrid. “Our recognition as Industrial Innovation Company of the Year further validates our belief that the technologies we are pioneering for the energy world will play a foundational role in the broader Industrial Internet-of-Things universe.”
Further Recognition for Energy Big Data Leader
In addition to its recognition on the Cleantech 100 and as the Cleantech Group’s Industrial Innovation Company of the Year, AutoGrid has also been:
• Recognized as a World Economic Forum Pioneer for 2015 for its breakthrough technologies that will help expand electric grids to provide affordable and efficient power to more people around the world
• Named a member of Greentech Media’s 2014 Grid Edge 20
• Awarded the 2013 TechAmerica Foundation American Technology Award for Smart Grid and Smart Instruments for its Energy Data Platform
• Awarded the CODE_n Business Innovation Award at CeBIT 2013, the world’s largest international computer expo, for the company’s achievements transforming Big Data into the cheapest, cleanest source of power on the grid
• Selected by Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Project Agency for Energy (ARPA-E) for Demand Response Optimization and Management System.